Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Wrangler Transformer Blocking test



So after seeing Transformers the movie, I am of course motivated (once again) to try my shot at doing a sweet little photorealistic animation of a transformer. I am also fond of my 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited which, I am finding, lends itself nicely to a transformer design.

I'm sharing my first attempt at creating a robot form of the Wrangler. I just modeled some basic parts of the Wrangler and then moved thim into a position that would suite a biped robot. Then I modeled a rough robot and tweaked the Wrangler part possitions, and viola.

I'm pretty encouraged with the results considering it was done in a few hours including modeling (except for the forearms and hands which was done a year ago for fun). I hope to take this much further and see what I can come up with. At this point, this really isn't a transformation, but just blocking and conceptualizing