Monday, August 6, 2007

I've been accepted to Animation Mentor!



It's official! I've been accpeted to the amazing online program for character animation training called Animation Mentor! This is something I've wanted to do for a long time now but never had the guts or commitment. It's not going to be easy, but I'm gonna do this while still working full time at Armstrong White (and while being a full time husband, and dog owner). I belive the sacrafice on free time will be worth it.

Animation Mentor allows me to work with top animators from studios like Pixar, ILM, PDI, Blue Sky and Dreamworks. Its an 18 month program that seems to produce some amazing animators. I always felt my training was incomplete and inferior. And since I'm not getting any better at character animating while at Armstrong White, this should help push me the extra mile.

I'm very excited and be sure to check my blog every now and then as I will be posting my assignements right here for some extra feedback! The fun begins October 1st!

-Mark