Tuesday, April 15, 2008

AM Class 3 Assignment: The Fan - Part 1 (blocking)

So here it is! The blocking for my first Class 3 AM assignment. The task was to create a pantomimed animation of a character showing some sort of shift in attitude (ie. happy to sad). I chose a character waiting desperately for his idol only to get blown off.

This is based on a true event when my buddy Bruce and I were waiting to talk to Pixar's John Lasseter after a speaking event here in the motor city. When we finally got his attention I shook his hand and blurted out something stupid to which he replied with a puzzled look and then quickly noticed someone cooler to talk to. "Carol Shelby!", and off he went.

Anyhow this is only the first pass of blocking. I already have a ton of changes in order from my mentor. Let me know what YOU think!