Friday, June 6, 2008

AM Class 3 Assignment: Dialogue Shot (refining)

It's been a while since I have posted some of my Animation Mentor work because I've been pretty preoccupied with severe weather! But I've been working on my dialog shot in the background and ready to post some progress. Here is where I am currently at. I am in the refining stage and there are a lot of issues still. Hands and fingers are choppy and intersect, much of the ins-and-outs are very rough, and the timing could improve in the end.

IMPORTANT NOTE: We do not have access to the facial controls yet! Thats why he looks stone-faced. They want us to focus on the body and head movement first. Once that is working, then we will work on the face. For now, it is just eyes, lids and jaws.

This line is from the tv show "Friday Night Lights". Lots of great natural acting in that show. I highly recommend watching the first season on DVD!